Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Happy Hutch


Hello Beautiful!

It's another glorious summer day here in Northern California! We have really been blessed with the temperatures. I don't want to be a  jinx, but normally we have days in the 100's and this season we just haven't had many at all. I have to admit though, riding my bike home from work this afternoon was a little on the toasty side!

As I had mentioned last week, I have a matching hutch to the table I recently repainted. I think the pieces just look "happy" with their fresh coat of white!

 
This also came from one of my favorite aunts who passed away. I am honored to own both the table and hutch.


I like to change the contents of my hutch every now and then. It currently holds some of my milk glass and china that I feel look "summery".


The ruler on the top shelf was given to us by my husband's cousin. She teaches at a school where my husband went when he was little. She was cleaning out a box she came across and found my husbands name on the back of it! It's been in that old
box for over 40 years!

These are my husband's first communion cards from the 2nd grade and a picture of his mother when she was in her 20's.



A tattered chair is covered with vintage linens, one of my weaknesses, and another weakness I have discovered is cowboy boots! Who knew?

Cowboy Petey loves looking out the window. He's a people watcher, cat watcher, bird watcher....



My husband and I are knee deep in cleaning out the garage. There sure is a lot of junk stuff out there! The next thing on my "To Do List" is the back porch. The door needs a good painting, and so does the deck as far as that goes. We'll see what I'm able to accomplish over the next few weeks while we are still having this perfect weather!
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit these wonderful blogs I'm linking up with...

Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Courtney for Feathered Nest Friday

Cindy for Show And Tell Friday 
 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia, not only am I loving that wonderful hutch and table, but I'm crushing on that perfect picket fence and gate out front. perfect cottage!! thanks so much for linking up to the party! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having nice days to get things done. The hutch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hutch looks wonderful but I am in love with those cowboy boots! It is such a nice contrast to the feminine! Hope your Friday is wonderful.xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely hutch! Love the crown and all the milk glass!! Thanks for sharing with us. Found you via Common Ground. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your furniture. I think its extra special when they came from family members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hutch looks beautiful very nice Vintage Mix! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous hutch! Your room looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marcia,
    Thank you for your prayers and concern. I am rejoicing with you that your precious son made it home safely from Iraq.
    9/11 was horrific time and I don't even know if that is a strong enough word for it. So very sad.
    Your table is gorgeous white...my husband is in love with wood...stained...not white.
    My Amy had a piano and I AM GOING TO PAINT IT WHITE WITH PINK ROSES.
    My Amy had a pair of red cowboy boots and at Christmas my mom ties them on the back of Amy's empty chair because she wore them on the last christmas before she went to heaven. I have been having some very dark days as her 2 year anniversary of going to heaven is Oct. 23, 2011.
    I SAW ON THE NEWS WHERE THE LITTLE BOY OF THE LADY YOU KNOW, WAS FOUND DEAD AT THE HANDS OF HIS FATHER....I am just so angry and saddened by the children that are being killed at the hands of their parents.
    I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU HAVE HEARD BUT CINDY ELLIS HAS STARTED THE SHABBY CHIC GIRLS CLUB.
    http://shabbychicgirlsclub.blogspot.com
    You and your wonderful blog would fit in perfectly. It is open to everyone but especially those who love shabby chic.
    I think of you fondly, often, and ask the Lord to bless you.
    hugs and love
    Simply Debbie

    ReplyDelete

SWEET FRENCH HEN COMMENTS....I LOVE THEM ALL!

FOR A PEAK IN MY STUDIO GO HERE!

Maggie our bride, with her brother Frankie and sister Sara

Maggie our bride, with her brother Frankie and sister Sara