Saturday, February 11, 2012

The French Hen Kitchen Is Juicing Up!

Hello Beauties!

This week seemed to just fly by for me, there's so much going on here at The French Hen. With my job at the preschool, and helping  my daughter with watching my two grandchildren the days seem to go by quickly. My other daughter and I did manage to fit in a really fun event last night however. We went to a showing of the movie The Artist. The movie was brilliantly done, no wonder it has TEN Oscar nominations! The event was held at a gorgeous theater in my hometown that has been renovated and has been showing movies for over 70 years. It was optional for guests to wear clothing from the era of the movie, the 1920's-1930's. We didn't participate in that, but many did and it was great fun...women wore flapper dresses, and men had on tuxedo's, tails, and top hats!

 Sara and myself last night posing in front of a gorgeous vintage car.

With our lives being so busy, my husband and I have gotten into some serious juicing! We bought a new juicer, watched a couple documentaries on the subject, Googled some recipes, and went to the grocery store.




There really isn't a more perfect way to get so many nutrients than blending up some fresh vegetables. I try to buy as much organic as possible and I only make up enough to last a day. So every morning our goal is to make a fresh batch. 


One of my personal favorites is:

4 carrots
1/2 a cucumber
a couple hand-fulls of fresh spinach
about a 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger
1/2 a lemon
1 apple
You don't need to peel any of these, just be sure they are clean. There are tons of recipes out there, but this is one of my go-to's. I started drinking fresh juice about a year and a half ago, and can feel a difference since I started. I can also tell a difference when I don't drink it for a while. My energy level drops and extra weight increases. Not Good.
There's also an assortment of juicers on the market. Since we juice often we invested a bit more on a Breville, but there are others that aren't as pricey.


So those are my thoughts on on drinking juice, and here are some pictures of the kitchen I thought I would share. I hope you have a great day, and stay healthy! Remember...
You are what you eat!


Sorry I about so many pictures! I have a new editing program on my computer and I'm having fun experimenting! 

I'm linking with



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Apple Valley was so pretty ...we didn't stay just stopped in to shop! Next time I want to spend a little more time there! Love your juice recipe..I'm going to try it...everyone here seems to be on a juice cleanse. We love all those fresh ingredients. Your vintage dishes are so pretty and I love your wire cloche!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the juice recipe. I need to get healthy! lol Have a wonderful Pink Valentine Saturday. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow NorCal girl! Thanks for stopping by today. I enjoyed my first visit to your blog. I haven't tried the juicing thing yet because I just can't drink anything that is green. I have such a sensitive stomach to things like that. I know I should get over it! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing what you post in future!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

SWEET FRENCH HEN COMMENTS....I LOVE THEM ALL!

FOR A PEAK IN MY STUDIO GO HERE!

Maggie our bride, with her brother Frankie and sister Sara

Maggie our bride, with her brother Frankie and sister Sara